Why did I decide to use Wix to build my small business website?
Because I didn't have to spend a fortune to hire a web developer to make my small business website. Wix seemed to be the ideal platform for me to build and maintain my website hassle-free.
As a small business, you require the strongest protection to safeguard your website from risks such as malware, hacking, and fraud. Wix sites use HTTPS, SSL certification that authenticates a website's identity and enables an encrypted connection which ensures none of my visitor's private information goes into the wrong hands. Wix also provides me with a 2-step verification, and 24/7 website security monitoring option allowing me to bypass potential cybersecurity dangers posed by third-party suppliers and service providers. Click here to read - How Secure is My Website on Wix?
So, What Is Wix?
Wix is a cloud-based website builder that includes web hosting and design services. Wix is an all-in-one website builder and web host. Using Wix you can design a website, purchase and manage a custom domain, sell digital products, manage an email newsletter, and more.
How Much Does Wix Cost?
Wix offers the ability to build a website for free, with limitations. For small business owners and startups, a free plan likely won't cut it and a paid subscription will be necessary. Wix paid pricing plans to range from $16 to $59 per month, with a host of apps (some free, some come with an additional fee). Check out www.websitebuilderexpert.com on Wix Pricing 2022.
Why did I originally choose Wix?
When I was planning to make a website, I found that Wix was the easiest platform to work with, so I went with that. I first began as a freelancer, I wasn't even sure what I wanted or whether I would transform Boston Graphic Design Studio Llc., Boston Massachusetts into a business, but wished I had that option in the future. I needed a simple website to display my information and a portfolio that wouldn't require an excessive amount of time to manage while I was also juggling a number of other responsibilities. Today, years later, I still use Wix. Check out these Best Small Business Website Examples to Inspire You.
My top five reasons for sticking with Wix in 2022:
1. Helped me Quickly launch my website. Even though I'm now the small business owner of a Boston-based independent graphic design studio, I didn't know much about technology when I first started out in 2016. I knew nothing about web design, content management systems, or search engine optimization (SEO). Hence I went with Wix because I could easily pick a template, and add some photos and content using the drag-and-drop feature to tweak my pages and get my website up in a day. So I went for it! Check out - How to Create a Beautiful One-Page Website Wix.
2. Very easy to use. I can't tell you how many times I've made little changes to my website in preparation for an upcoming project, as my brand and services have evolved. As a small business owner, I truly believe the best website is the one you can manage and update yourself.
3. This website builder has email Marketing built-In. I absolutely love it any time I can reduce the number of apps and programs I have to use. Wix comes with tools to capture emails and send out email marketing campaigns built in. Even with the free email marketing plan, you can send up to 5,000 emails per month and that limit goes up depending on which paid plan you subscribe to. I've never hit my limit and I have a healthy email list as well as a subscription community that I email regularly. All My email campaigns happen through Wix and I have had a good open rate and deliverability rate. 12 Ways Wix can help you market your small business
4. They offer exceptional training materials, how-to tutorials, and excellent customer service for those who really need to keep things simple and straightforward like me. I've been able to contact the help desk whenever I've run into problems with my account, and I've been given a solution to my problem almost immediately. In the rare instances in which my problem could not be resolved over the phone, I have always received a prompt and comprehensive follow-up response via email.
5. Wix SEO. Here’s the big question: is Wix any good for SEO? The short answer is, “Yes”. SEO stands for "Search Engine Optimization." This is the process of getting traffic from free, organic, editorial, or natural search results in search engines. Wix SEO features are practical and easy to use. Wix-powered websites rank well in search engines. Remember that the more people see a website, the higher it is on the list. Check out Is Wix SEO Friendly?
So for me, Wix is an ideal website builder for my business. It demands minimal technical knowledge, and making changes to my website takes less time so I can keep up with my dream clients and also focus on other aspects of my business. Would you recommend this platform to everyone? Maybe not. But I would say don't discount this option without giving it a look first.
Got more questions about Wix? Drop them in the comments below!
P.S. I know web design. It’s what I do. My business creates stunning, minimalistic websites that look great and deliver results so that my clients can be proud of their websites and confident that their message is clear. If you want to hire someone for your website just CLICK HERE.